Wednesday, July 20, 2011

All the useful things I did this summer

  • I had a birthday, making me officially older, which is good I guess.
  • I snagged myself a car, a '99 Mustang, red.
  • I had a friend who moved out of country over.
    • And we watched both Harry Potter musicals.
  • I got a tan, though I'm not sure how.
  • I figured out how to genuinely love one of my best friends, with whom things have been falling apart for some time now.
  • I rediscovered Tumblr. Tumblred forever.
  • I started a Nuzlocke comic and quit within the first panel.
  • Rediscovered Twitter. Twittered forever.
  • Found a bunch of new music I like.
  • Kept up on a personal blog for once (this one, to be exact).
  • Began and kept up on a gaming blog (Mnemosynister, remember her?).
  • Slowly recharged my creative batteries (they're still nowhere near full, but it's better).
  • Procrastinated to extremes on the three books I have for classes this coming school year.
  • Worked at the zoo.
    • Made a friend who had previously hated my guts, on being partnered together one day.
    • Made a friend who is male and really cute, and also a nerd like me, but absolutely nothing will happen between us because that is life.
  • Attempted to get a job.
    • Did not get a job.
  • Became addicted to hip-hop and mixed music (dj music).
  • Finally became "physical" about practicing for roller derby.
    • Scored 20 free admission tickets to the local rink.
  • Got really fat, probably.
  • Went to the doctor several times, and began to take more pills than the average 70-year-old, including anti-depression medication and three different kinds of vitamins.
  • Had to give away my Fiona-turned-Finn (my black mixed-breed rabbit) because of the complications of having a boy rabbit that I thought was a girl.
    • My Zinnia did not, in fact, end up having babies, which is both good and so sad (BABY BUNNIES!).
  • Played through a lot of games I had wanted to before but didn't have time for (Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect, Pokemon Black Nuzlocke challenge, and lots of flash games, among others).
    • Documented them using the free version of FRAPS.
  • Learned to effectively use acrylic paints.
  • Wasted my time on the computer from when I got up to when I fell asleep, not counting food breaks, on a near daily basis.
  • Got some scars on my hands, thighs, legs, and arms from my rabbits. They will be there forever; there's no healing these. Little bloody rascals. Little carnivores.
  • Put in gauges, to my parents' chagrin.
    • I am currently at size 14 and my mother believes that it is large enough, and that I should not go bigger.
  • Acquired a pair of Pokemon boxers, a hand-knit scarf, a purple quilted purse, and a pair of sunglasses.
  • Had a child with my best friend, a red rubber bouncy ball that we drew a face on, which we named Carrie Cherry-Cakes (due to her deep blush, which encompasses her whole face).
And this is only a fraction of the INCREDIBLY USEFUL things that I achieved these past two months!

No comments:

Post a Comment