Monday, March 28, 2011

Tough Love

Here I am, prepared to go to sleep - it's midnight and I'm done with my essay preparations...

I go up to my room. I realize I've left my rabbits' cage open (so they could run around earlier today).

Not a problem, I think. I'm sure they've probably peed on something important and eaten all the edible things readily available and chewed on every paper they could reach, but as long as I don't know about it, it can't hurt me, so I'm not going looking for it. Well, at least until tomorrow.

I find my Californian and replace her in her cage. (She looks so sad, peering up at me with those sweet, cunning pink eyes, as she puts her paws together on the cage wall, begging... well, sorry, sweetie, but no, I'm not letting you out again.)

Where's my black rabbit, I wonder? She's a tiny cross-breed with a single white glove.I look around. I dig through my closet, behind my bed, in my sunflower plants and in my bookshelves...

Somehow she wormed her way under my dresser.

An hour and a half later, here I am - in bed. And there she is - in bed as well. I always win, sweetheart. <3

Even if I am deprived yet another hour of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment