Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dragon Age: Origins

I suppose there are kind of some DA:O spoilers in here, so read at your own risk. But personally, I think it's not bad unless you're into the quest and know the context. Anyway, do whatever you want.

After grind-playing for a week (this was about a month and a half ago) and getting about half a dungeon away (in the Orzammar quest chain) from the Landsmeet, something must have distracted me from the game, and I left it hanging in the middle of the Deep Roads (silly me, haha). Fortunately for me, Dragon Age 2 recently came out, and I cannot play it while the first Dragon Age still hangs on my conscience (though this game really, really excites me), and I honestly really DO want to finish this game because I love BioWare and everything they do (I want to be a video game designer/concept artist/coder when I "grow up," remember?).

So I got back in there. At the end of the Orzammar quest, I sided with Caridin (killed the evil soul-sucking leech hag named Branka, even though her ideas probably would've helped in the long run), then Harrowmont (even though I know that siding with C then H doesn't end well for him at the end, which thankfully is the only spoiler I happened upon).

I now get to go to the Landsmeet, hurray! Unfortunately I was pulled away to go visit family at the last moment. (But it was at the end of one of the main quest chains so I guess it was pretty awesome timing.)

Hm... let's see. Before I resumed randomly today, I did all of the other quests. I'm an elven mage, so I'm pretty much the most hated combination in the world. I also made myself as ugly as fuck accidentally - I'm a redhead with RED! hair and facial tattoos that looked good in character creation, but make me look, well, as ugly as fuck, in the actual game... Anyway.

In the Dalish elf chain, which was possibly my favorite if only for the Lady and her aesthetic and characteristic awesomeness - distraction - anyway, I made the evil elf curse guy give them their humanity back and apparently I sided with the elves in the end, according to the accomplishment I earned. In the village one I slaughtered the little possessed boy without going to the void (which I regret because I wanted the Blood Mage specialization and now I have to wait for the Alienage... AUUUGGHHHHH). Then I went off and sided against the cult for the Ashes... Actually, okay, I was kind of clever and saved before pouring the ashes in so that I'd get the Reaver specialization, then went back to the save and redid it the way I'd do it in real life (with a sense of morals) so that Alistair wouldn't disapprove and Leiliana wouldn't run away and Wynne wouldn't kill me and whatever else. I'd have been a one-man team, haha.

In the Circle of Magi one, I sided with the mages but didn't save them all... foo. (And there was this lulzy guy who had a crush on me, which I thought was amusing, because REPETITIVELY during this game I have been told that I am beautiful while we all know that I am as ugly as fuck). The Fade during that chain was really interesting at first but lost my patience after a while - a mage, questing by herself, fighting golems...? It irritated me, is all.

Character-wise, Leiliana is one of my faves. Morrigan too (ignoring her completely irritating way of speaking), but she doesn't like me much because I'm a good person, though I did complete her personal quest. Alistair is another one of my favorites and also my boyfriend, lucky me, but whatever. (Post-game, we probably make a bunch of irritating little Gray Warden babies. How cute/sickening!) Sten rounds up my group of favorites because he's awesome and anyone who operates on a nonpersonal, profession level is ironically my kind of guy. Let's see... Wynne is irritating. My dog (I named him something mythological that I can't remember... not Cerberus. I don't know) is neither especially cool nor especially annoying. I like Zevran for some reason. Oghren I like, but obviously haven't had long enough yet to grow attached to. Beyond that, I forget.

Now I have to stall and play on Jay Is Games to kill the game craving until I get back home on Sunday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment