Sunday, May 1, 2011

I need inspiration, and need it now.

It's odd. I can't remember a moment in my life that I haven't had an amazing idea for a story in my head, sustaining me with characters and plot and setting like mental lifeblood. And now... nothing. I have enough characters, sure, but... they're so meaningless. All of them feel the same to me, not because they're similar at all, just because they're old. Why? Why do I feel so creatively exhausted, like I won't be able to come up with anything new, like I've exhausted all of my ideas?

I need to feel that rush. It is seriously like a drug to me. I feel like there are people out there, characters, waiting for me to summon them up. But I can't. I can't come up with anything new or original. I can't create anything that hasn't been created by me. I've had the faerie shapeshifters, the weird deformed people, the steampunk dark romance, the guardian created to protect a magic girl, the girl and her robot, the cute little kid coloring book story about kids and their giant plushy dragons, various demons and roleplay characters, superheroes, humanoid stars. Why isn't there anything new?

Why does it seem like I've done everything there is to do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment