Friday, May 27, 2011

Mass Effect 2

IS THE AWESOMEST THING EVER.

I like it even more than Dragon Age: Origins. I've been playing it NONSTOP. I thought I loved Bioware before - I want to work there when I grow up - but WOW, this just is brilliance incarnate.

It's reestablished my confidence with shooters - I used to hate them, but now I see that I can play them pretty damn well with a decent interface (James Bond, I hate you so). And the default key layouts are extremely intuitive. I love it.

I must say that I don't like the character conversational options as much as in Dragon Age, because there aren't many. I realized halfway through the game how important getting Renegade (and its good equivalent with the blue because I can't remember what it was called) scores is. Especially during that Morinth mission. Which was the best/most hilarious thing ever, thank you very much.

I knew Garrus was a romance option from some conversations with another chick on dA, just in passing. Then, in game, I figured out that he was awesome, and I was like HECK YES LET'S BE THE AWKWARD INTERSPECIES COUPLE BECAUSE YOU ARE AWESOMENESS INCARNATE. Then I found out that for some reason the only way to initiate that is through casual sex? What?

Anyway, I don't even know. I can't wait for ME3. But in the meantime, I'm going to download and play the first. I thought I wouldn't have enough time to play the first before the third came out, but evidence says otherwise: I've just about cleared this game in two days. (Granted, they were two long, twenty-four-hour-periods-of-sleeplessness days, but who cares? In the summer, that's how I roll). I might even have time to load that character onto this one and play it again .___. Wow, that'd be... signs of being an addict.

But also rewarding. In the long run.

I love this game, I love third-person shooters (WHY did I decide I hated ALL shooters after all those first-persons?!), I love these characters (I know Jack probably pisses the rest of the world off, but I like her), I love being an intergalactic space badass who could chop Samus Aran in half with her pinky fingernail. I love it.

My regular team is Garrus and Jack, I'm an Adept, my favorite weapon is the Collector Particle Beam followed by the M-6c Carnifex Hand Cannon. I'm doing all of the various missions, loyalty and otherwise, before I pick up that IFF.

And then, IT'S PLOT GO-TIME. WOOOOOOO.

This has been a fangirl, fangirling out like a fangirl. FANGIRL OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment